Acupuncture | Chinese Medicine In Portland
Achieve a healthy, happier life with Dr. Lu’s acupuncture & Chinese medicine. He was the 1st us accredited doctor of acupuncture and oriental medicine; Oriental medical doctor (OMD, China). Professor and clinic supervisor at acupuncture school (OCOM)
Health is achieved when a body’s vital energies are able to flow freely. Here at our clinic we strive to provide all of our patients with the most comprehensive acupuncture services in Portland. Using and combination of practices allows us to treat the underlying condition to prevent recurrence. Dr. Yan Lu has over 20 years of experience specializing in providing acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, in addition to Tuina massage to aide in pain relief, infertility and other women’s heath issues. Dr. Lu has even published a Tuina- Chinese medical massage and manipulation handbook. This book is being used by students and practitioners in the United States.
Tuina: a Chinese Medical Massage Handbook by Dr. Lu, for students and practitioners.
Dr. Lu’s treatments have shown to render faster and show better results than just acupuncture, massage, and chiropractor work alone. Treatments have proven that providing a combination of services and taking a more holistic approach to treating pain has shown for better relief. We pride ourselves on taking the time to be sure we are offering out patients with the highest quality acupuncture in Portland through finding the combination of our methods and services that work best for you.
Some of the services we are proud to offer here at Dr. Lu’s are:
- Acupuncture : One of the many different types of treatments for pain within traditional Chinese medicine. We take a thin, sterile, needle and insert them into very precise points on the body to trigger your body’s natural vital energy that promotes healing and relaxation.
- Chinese Herbal Therapy : Play a very important role in Chinese medicine. In China, herbal remedies are still seen as the focal point of medicine for treating patients. Usually containing 5-15 herbs specified to the individuals condition, herbal remedies promote healing and tend to have much less side effects than taking pharmaceuticals.
- Tuina Massage : A form of manual medicine and is still often times used in clinics and hospitals in China today. Tuina massage is almost like combining both chiropractic care and physical therapy into one. Tuina promotes circulation, increases joint flexibility, and balances the yin-yang functions of internal organs.
Dr. Lu’s Acupuncturist and Chinese Medicine Training
- 1st U.S. accredited Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (D.A.O.M.)
- Over 20 years of experience
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- Oriental Medical Doctor (O.M.D., China)
- Faculty and Clinic Supervisor at Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
Conditions We Treat:
Chronic pain, Gynecological Disorders, Emotional Health, Immune disorders, Insomnia, Gastro Intestinal Disorders, Respiratory Disorders, Neurological Disorders, Essential Tremors, Cancer Care, Skin Problems, Weight Problems, Addiction, Circulatory Disorders, Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, Men’s Health, Urinary Disorders, etc.
Here at Dr. Lu’s we strive to promote a healthy and happy lifestyle by providing our patients with the most natural and personalized approach to medicine to accommodate you and your condition. Call us today to see how Chinese medicine can help improve your quality of life. (503) 317-3113
Articles and News:
TREATMENT OF SCIATICA AND BACK PAIN WITH ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE AND TUINA MASSAGE:
A CLINICAL CASE STUDY
By Yan Lu, DAOM, LAC
Background: Sciatica and back pain can be difficult to treat, especially when it does not have clear diagnosis from a western biomedical perspective such as negative findings in a MRI.
Objective: To examine the approach and efficiency of electro-acupuncture and Tuina in the treatment of sciatica and back pain with unclear biomedical diagnosis.
Result: After 2 treatments the patient experienced significant decrease of sciatic pain and numbness
Conclusion: Electro-acupuncture and Tuina appear to be effective in treating sciatica and back pain with unclear biomedical diagnosis.
Full article here.
More information about Acupuncture:
World Health Organization List of Conditions Treated by Acupuncture